Arena Accessories D2 Steel Dub / XL Utility Cutter Combo Blade Balisong / Butterfly Knife
OUR NEW EXCLUSIVE DESIGN Featuring a Built-in Pocket Clip, Screwdriver, Hex-Wrench, and Bottle Opener
We finally created the balisong user of our dreams, and we think it might just tickle your fancy as well. Ever wish you could flip a decent butterfly knife while you're at work, without messing up your babies? Enter, the Arena Accessories Dub / XL Utility balisong combo. We took our smaller version balisong box-cutter and gave it extra vitamins and minerals. With this butterfly knife combo, you get one set of 6AL-4V titanium handles, and two blade options. A Wharncliffe D2 live blade for when you're feeling like a nut, and a standard trapezoidal razor blade holder for when you want to still act nutty while you're on the job. If you want to practice your flipping while you're at work, or if you're just looking for an affordable way to get your first "real titanium" handle balisong knife (that isn't a knockoff or clone), these are the exact reasons why we produced it. Overall, this is a slim and lightweight framed knife which makes it great for everyday carry.
The Arena XL Utility Razor Blade Holder:
We named it the "XL Utility" because it's large and in charge, for those who prefer a butterfly knife with longer, more traditional length handles. While using the utility blade holder, there is never going to be a need to resharpen. You get a high-quality fit-and-finish, custom butterfly knife with ball-bearing pivots that you can actually use; without the drama of worrying about dulling the blade. When your blade goes dull, you can quick-change it. Just push the top edge of the blade holder back gently with your thumb and slide the old blade out (no screws need to be removed). Flip the blade around to reveal the unused side; or replace the blade altogether. We give you a starter pack of 10 black-coated, SK2 steel, trapezoid-shaped blades to get started, but feel free to customize this knife with your own favorite brand and style of standard utility blade. A secondary function of the XL Utility blade holder is that it makes the perfect balisong practice trainer. Just yank the utility blade from the blade-holder, and you're safe to go extra wild with your tricks.
The Arena Dub D2 Steel Live Blade:
We named the 'Dub' live blade (short for W) because we wanted a wharncliffe style, reverse-tanto, live-blade in D2 steel that will also hold a good edge after many cuts.
- Brand New
- Model #: AABS201
- 6AL-4V titanium frame with CNC-cut design for added grip, and smooth, chamfered, edges for comfort
- PB-caged, ball-bearing pivots for easy opening and closing (pre-lubed, but be sure to also grab a bottle of KPL or EKS Solingen Hi Tech Oil)
- Zen pin construction and quality hardware (T8 pivot screws, T6 frame screws)
- Pivot holes are D-shaped to prevent premature loosening, but applying thread-locker to your pivot screws is still recommended after swapping blades
- 10 standard size (6 mm / 0.25" in. thick) razor utility blades are included, with black titanium nitride coating - but you can also use your own favorite brand (we recommend .025"-.035" in thick blades).
- 3.45 oz overall carry weight (with either blade option attached)
- Overall Length: 9.5" in. Dub live blade, ~8.5" in. XL utility blade holder
- Blade Length: 4.375" in. Dub live blade, ~3.375" in. XL utility blade holder
- Blade Finish: Stonewashed utility blade holder / Bead blast finish Dub live blade
- Blade Material: D2 Steel (Dub live blade) and SK2 standard sized, trapezoid-shaped razor utility blades
- Blade Hardness: 60-62 HRC (Dub live blade)
- Handle Length: 5.2" in.
- Handle Width: .425" in.
- Handle Finish: Stonewashed
- Handle Material: 6AL-4V Titanium
- All Other Materials: Heat-treated stainless steel
- Handle Style: Sandwich Construction
- Safety Latch: Spring-loaded, with a built-in bottle opener
- Convenient pocket clip, inset (removable with one T6 torx screw)
- Includes a zippered storage pouch
- INCLUDES FREE Arena Accessories Deluxe Microfiber Drawstring Storage Pouch
Our best value, titanium butterfly knife combo package will ship with the XL Utility razor-blade holder attached, and the Dub live blade on the side. Don't have time to swap the blades yourself? You can pay an extra $20 for our in-house assembly (by choosing the appropriate option on this listing), or buy it with just one of the blades attached. Swapping it out for the Dub live blade is pretty simple, if you are comfortable with turning a screwdriver. The pivot screws require a size T8 torx bit. The pocket clip and rear handle screws are T6 torx. We recommend making sure your bits are in good condition prior to disassembly, as to avoid stripping any screws. The main pivot screws have a little bit of thread-locker applied from the factory, but it is the semi-permanent type that you won't have to apply heat in order to break open. There may be some light factory thread-locker on some of the rear handle screws. Scroll down below to view our blade-swapping video tutorial. While you have it apart, you'll be impressed by the quality of the craftsmanship that has gone into these.
Replacement Hardware Maintenance Kit - NOW AVAILABLE
Spare parts are always a good thing! Having spare parts adds to the longevity of every knife. We have added another option to this listing for a spare parts kit that you may choose to purchase for a small extra fee, in case you ever need it in the future. Butterfly knives tend to get dropped a lot, and sometimes through human error screw heads can also get stripped. Grab a bag of spares or two, and rest assured that you can always stay up and running with your new favorite blade. Two rear threaded rear-handle barrel spacers are also included (not pictured).
Future Swaps & Customization:
It is also our goal to produce any future balisong models to be compatible with each other, for maximum customization. We plan to keep all of our 200 model series blades to be swappable with every other handle. If we can continue cranking out these awesome designs at great prices, we promise to reward our loyal customers with this sweet feature that most other manufacturers don't include.
Check back soon for a video review of the knife's sounds and flipping action.
Have any questions? Please feel free to contact us.
LEGAL: Please check your local laws prior to purchasing. Buyer agrees that they are of legal age to purchase and own this knife in their state.